Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Concierto Piyu-Otso Tres"

By: Nia Denise G. Pangue


    Far Eastern University celebrated its 83 years of existence, 83 years of unyielding excellence last January 21, 2011. One of the most awaited event on this celebration was the 83rd FEU Founding Anniversary Concert with the band Callalily and Pupil as the guest performers and Chris Tsuper and Jasmin Bazaar as the hosts. 
    During this day, students, faculty and staff were very excited for their most awaited time to come. It was only around three in the afternoon and yet, many were already gathered in the quadrangle and I can see the excitement on their faces. I, myself, was very early on that day just to make sure that I can have a good place as I watched them perform. Take note, I don't have class on that day but still I went at the school. That's how desperate I am to watch the concert live. 
    Hours had passed and the weather became not so clear until heavy rain poured out. The concert was supposed to start at 5 pm but because of the rain, it didn't start easily. Despite of the low flood in the quadrangle, people were still there with their umbrella waiting for the performers. Come 6, 7, and 8pm, we were still hoping that the concert will begin. As we wait, there was a news that Vice Ganda, a comedian and an alumnus of FEU, is inside the campus. According to hearsays, he was there because he wanted us, students of his alma matter, to enjoy with his jokes and to make us all groove with "Party! Party!"
  Due to non-stop rain, the concert was announced as cancelled. Of course, a lot felt sad but knowing that Callalily, Pupil, and Vice Ganda were on the campus, we all became alive. I saw the members of both band personally and for me it was an achievement. As a replacement for the songs they have prepared for us on the concert, they allowed the crowd to have picture taking. Sad to say, I wasn't able to bring my digital camera for I was in a hurry when I left home. I wasn't able to meet Vice Ganda but some of my friends met him.
 I described this event as a long,tiring, but very momentous event. I will never forget the time I saw Ely Buendia of Pupil band. After this, I called it a "Night!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment