Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Writing Journey in JRM102...

By: Nia Denise G. Pangue



“To think a lot of thought is easy. And for me, writing is the most preferred way of expressing it rather than speaking.”
JRM102 is one of my major subjects that focus more on feature and editorial writing. As expected, all of our activities involve writing. Writing really needs a heart and a mind; A mind to think the content of the article and a heart that that will determine our passion.
Every second in this class counts. Every writings is a memory. One of my unforgettable articles is about my admission at the hospital. It was not really a writing exercise for everybody but a special task assigned to me as a replacement for what I lack. When my professor, Ma’am Cherryl Berlin, told me about this, I felt joy because I had a chance to recall one unexpected event in my life. At first, I found it difficult to think again the sequence of happenings. So, I took a moment to think over from the day I felt the symptoms up to the days after I was operated due to appendicitis. I often write at night or midnight because there I found silence or I should say a peace of mind.  As I recall these things, I’ve realized a lot. I even found myself smiling most especially when the nurse will came in my room and they will inject medicine on me. I really cried aloud. I was afraid that time. I fear more every time I saw blood of mine. While I was crying, my two siblings would then laugh at me and told me. “Ate you’re not kid anymore”.  And they even told me, “You’re so funny, Ate”.  Heartfelt was the most feeling I have after my operation. I was really touched when a lot of friends of mine and my loved one visited me. They showed me intimate love and care. Indeed! They were so concerned to me.
 I gained patience that time; Patience to rethink every detail that happened. This simple thing indicates that writing skills must be coupled with good working attitude and values. These two helped me a lot to have a better article. These were the keys in order to have a good, effective, and inspiring writings. A writer must possess these because usually it reflects personality. It may help the readers to feel what really your point of view is.
Someday If I will be hired in a magazine and be a feature writer, I’d rather write and talk about emotions and feelings. Ever since, it’s my passion to speak about my emotions and others too. I also wanted to give a piece of advice. And If I would be given a chance to interview someone, I will choose Robin Williams, well known in his film “Patch Adams”. There he mentioned many ideas about Love.
I want to be remembered by the readers as someone who will be the voice of feelings and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment